Diabetic Diet Recipes - Vanilla Cheese Cake
Diabetic Recipe - Vanilla Cheese Cake (8 servings)
1 1/2 envelopes gelatin, unflavored
1/2 cup water, cold
1 cup evaporated milk, skim
1 1/2 cups vanilla lowfat yogurt
2 cups cottage cheese, low-fat
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 packets artificial sweetener (Equal)
1/4 cup margarine, diet, melted
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1. In a small saucepan, dissolve gelatin in ½ cup cold water and the evaporated milk. Heat mixture until tiny bubbles form around edge of pan. Stir to dissolve gelatin completely. Let cool to room temperature.
2. Using a blender or food processor, combine yogurt and cottage cheese until smooth. (If using a blender, add yogurt first.)
3. Combine yogurt mixture with cooled milk. Add vanilla extract and sweetener.
4. Refrigerate filling, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
5. Combine margarine and graham cracker crumbs. Mix well. Press mixture evenly on the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes at 375ºF. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Pour filling into crust, cover, and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm.
Food exchanges per serving: ½ BREAD, 1 MILK, 2 FAT
Diabetic Diet | Diabetic Recipes|